Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Dog Calls Me to Play Outside?

Murphy loves to play outside and does the most bizarre thing, he will bark to get me to come outside. I did not pick up on this behavior at first, but now I know how this game works. It goes a little something like this.

I usually let him outside to do his thing and when he is ready to come in he barks one time at the front door and I let him in. This time I hear him bark so I go to let him in and he grabs his toy and runs back on the front lawn. I figured he changed his mind so I turn around and leave him outside. As soon as I get  into the kitchen I hear him bark again. So I head back to the front of the house to let him in. I see he grabs his chicken toy and heads back down the stairs. This happens yet again and finally I walk out on the porch to figure out what is going on. When I sit down he brings his chicken to me and wants to play fetch. Now I know what he was doing...he was calling me to play outside with him!

There are times where we play this game and he will just lay on the front lawn. As soon as I go back in the house he is on the porch and lets out his bark again. He just wants me to sit on the porch while he sits on the lawn? Is this possible? I would have said it is not, but after doing this a few times, I realized that he just wants someone around. After 10-15 minutes he is content and I can go back to doing what I was doing.


Has anyone experienced anything like this with their dog?


No comments:

Post a Comment