Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Does Your Dog Have Emotions?

Murphy is happy to sit outside! 
Does your dog have emotions? I don't know about you but I think they sure do.

All I need to do is say the word "walk" and my dog suddenly becomes excited. An excited, happy dog is what I see. Tail wags and dancing at the door shows me that he knows something fun is going to happen. I can almost hear him say, "Let's go! I want to go see my friends."

If you spend a lot of time with your dog you should see a variety of emotions. When I was sick, my dog sat at my feet all day while I was on the couch. He did not bring me toys or gesture to go outside often. He knew I wasn't feeling like myself that day. If he takes something he is not suppose to have and I say, "Who took my stuff?" He puts his head down and slithers away slowly. He knows he is wrong and that is his way of saying, "It was me, I did it."

Scientists have debated this topic for years and I believe dogs are a lot like us. Some dogs are very outgoing while others are more subdued. Either way, dogs have a way of being happy. Just like humans, dogs seem to have their own personalities. Every dog owner can agree there is no better way to be happy than to live life with a dog. Live, Love and Bark with your dog today.




No comments:

Post a Comment