Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Healthy, Home Made Dog Food

Every dog loves wet food from the can. I would look at it and think...Gross!! But I would feed my dog a half of a can every morning anyway.  After reading all the ingredients on the can I decided I was going to make my own fresh and healthy dog food.

My "wet food" now consists of ground turkey, carrots, brown rice and a hint of garlic powder and parsley. While the turkey is browning I steam carrots and cook the brown rice. Drain the turkey when it has completely cooked, add the rice, carrots, a dash of garlic salt and parsley. Blend well and here I have a fresh and healthy treat for my dog each morning. (He does eat dry food too as this was just a way to get him to eat before I left each morning)

Keep this mixture in an air-tight container in the fridge. I serve my dog a half cup each morning.

Ingredients used:
1 pound of ground turkey or ground chicken
half bag baby carrots
half cup cooked brown rice
dash of garlic salt
1 tbs. parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment