Here are a few simple things you can do at home to help your arthritic dog:
- Invest in an orthopedic bed that your dog can easily get in and out of. This type of bed with help cushion painful joints.
- Keep your dog in shape. Added weight will only add more pressure to the joints.
- Trim your dog's nails to keep him walking comfortably.
- Give your dog a nightly massage to ease his pain and stiffness.
- If your dog has trouble going up stairs, provide a ramp for him.
- Use pet steps to help him up on furniture or in the car.
- Ask your vet for exercises you can do with your dog to build strong muscles.